Senior Commodity Buyer
We have an opportunity for you to be part of the Group Purchasing team as a Senior Commodity Buyer, at our Birmingham site. Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. This person will report into the Group Purchasing Manager.
Working as part of the Purchasing team your main responsibilities within the role includes but is not limited to the following activities.
Supporting the Purchasing Strategy and plans for the business and working with the Purchasing team and other contributors to ensure savings targets are met through year-on-year cost savings and supply chain improvements, also through leading in direct procurement of materials and parts for manufacture on identified projects.
You must have a demonstratable capability to ensure sourcing activities for sourcing new programmes and a structured procurement process with defined governance are achieved, controlling progress and enabling all New Product Introduction BOM targets to be met.
Lead in the direct procurement of materials and parts for manufacture, and ongoing management of the direct material spend.
You will have a strong ability to proactively engage with suppliers and negotiate effectively with first and second tier suppliers.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to lead a team and coach existing team members
- Impactful strong project management skills
- Self-motivated problem solver with a great attention to detail.
- Experience within procurement/supply chain departments
- Contract management an understanding of T & C’s and risk management
- CIPS qualified – level 5
- Experience of cost saving projects
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Joining Lander Group, you will have the opportunity to work on projects across the Group to support the continued growth of the business. We look forward to the ideal candidate to join the ‘Lander Family’.